This morning, the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) officially launched and is open for applications. This program was created from the $100 million Coronavirus Relief Fund established by the Walz/Flanagan Administration to help prevent evictions, prevent homelessness, and maintain housing stability for eligible renters and homeowners. Local administrators will review applications from individuals and families requesting assistance, verify eligibility, and process payments for eligible expenses on behalf of households.
Please note that Scott County has also invested a significant amount of CARES Act funding towards these purposes, and will be working in conjunction with local CHAP Administrators to provide direct assistance opportunities to households that don’t otherwise meet the criteria for CHAP.
Please find attached to this email:
- ‘COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program One Pager.pdf’ – This document is intended to serve as the primary marketing material related to CHAP. It outlines all of the necessary information for access, and eligibility.
- Headers for Twitter, Facebook & Websites – Feel free to use as you see appropriate.
- ‘SC CHAP Marketing’ – This document is designed to assist in making the correct referral for households in Scott & Carver Counties that are seeking assistance for housing related expenses. It’s designed to be used online, with hyperlinks throughout. As there are two programs (Housing Stability Program (Carver County) & Belle Plaine Resident Relief Grant) that are taking referrals separately from the CHAP process, we want to ensure that they’re not being overlooked.
- I’ve also attached a document that outlines the potential message for the FISH Network – again, pending your approval and final touches 🙂
There are 3 ways to connect with CHAP:
- CALL 211 or toll free at 1.800.543.7709 or 651.291.0211 (from cell phones)
- ONLINE at www.211unitedway.org
- TEXT “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211
There will be multilingual staff available to answer questions about CHAP (8a – 8pm Monday through Friday). To ensure excellent customer service:
This form is available in Hmong, Somali and Spanish. To access this form in one of these languages, contact 211 for assistance
(Call: 211 or 651.291-0211 Toll Free: 800.543-7709).
- Daim ntawv kuj muaj yam siv lus Hmoob, Somali thiab Mev. Yog xav siv daim ntawv no yam siv ib hom ntawm cov lus no, hu rau 211 rau txoj kev pab ( Hu: 211 los yog 651.291-0211 Hu Dawb: 800.543-7709 ).
- Foomkan waxaa la heli karaa isagoo ah afafka Hmoonga, Soomaaliga iyo Isbaanishka. Si aad u hesho foomkan isagoo mid afafkaas ah ku qoran, kala xiriir 211 gargaarid ( Wac: 211 ama 651.291-0211 Khadka lacag la’aanta ah: 800.543-7709 ).
- Este formulario está disponible en hmong, somalí y español. Para acceder a este formulario en uno de esos idiomas, llame al 211 para obtener asistencia ( Llame al: 211 o 651.291-0211 llame gratis al: 800.543-7709 ).
Please share far and wide, print and post as you see fit the COVID- 19 Housing Assistance Program One Pager.pdf (attached).
MN Housing provided common language for Twitter and Facebook, along with the info graphics. If you have access to your agency’s social media, please post as soon as can.
Here are suggested social media posts:
- The COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program is now accepting applications! Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), visit www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211 to learn more.
- Renters: Have you fallen behind on rent due to COVID-19? The COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program can help! Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), visit www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211 to learn more.
- Homeowners: Are you behind on mortgage payments? The COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program can help! Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), visit www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211 to learn more.
- Renters and homeowners behind on housing payments can get help through the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program. Learn more: Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), go to www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211.
- Falling behind on housing payments due to COVID-19? See if you’re eligible for help: Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), go to www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211
COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program One Pager (1)
Peter Goldstein ,Scott County Human Services Housing Coordinator