I am working with a single mother and her 5 children who are looking for housing

Landlords in Scott County who will accept or are willing to learn more about the FUP (Family Unification Program) housing voucher (similar to section 8) through the Scott County CDA for a mother and her 5 children. If you aren?t the landlord, but may know of someone who is that information would be very helpful as well.
Give to this Need

Submitted by:
Tracy Kerber - tkerber@co.scott.mn.us

See Similar Needs:

What caused this need?

I am working with a single mother and her 5 children who are looking for housing. They are currently staying with a friend, but could be kicked out at any time as they are not supposed to be where they are. If they do not get kicked out they will have to leave by the end of the month no matter what. If they cannot find a place to live mom said their only option is the family?s vehicle. Mom has always worked, but has a very hard time making ends meet financially and the child support she receives is very inconsistent. She is eligible for a long term supportive housing voucher through the Scott County CDA, but is having a hard time finding a place to rent as lots of places that are known to accept these types of vouchers are currently full. If you are willing to accept this voucher or explore it further or know of someone who might be that information would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your consideration.

Who is Fish Partner Network?

FISH Partners are representatives of the faith community, local government and education entities, service organizations and nonprofits, and businesses which serve Scott County residents and agree that by partnering together we can meet human need in our community.

Learn More at our Website: https://www.fishpartnernetwork.org/

Sign Up for Updates

Sign up to receive news, fish stories, and details about upcoming events.


200 4th Avenue West
Shakopee, MN




Share This

Share this post with your network!